Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year, New Resolutions

With the start of a new year ALWAYS comes New Year's Resolutions....
well, I have learned from experience not to go too crazy and to make sure whatever my goals/resolutions are, that they are within reason:)
 
Well, Jen from The Teacher's Cauldron is having a linky for this purpose...one personal resolution and one blog resolution. 
 
One???  Really?  I have about 12 for each!  So narrowing it down has been a thoughtful challenge...
 
My Blog Goal for 2013:
I used to totally stress out if I wasn't posting every couple of days or so....AND I was freaking out if I wasn't reading blogs nightly too!!!  (this btw took some of the joy out of it) 
Recently life has really gotten crazy and I was lucky to get in a post a week AND read a few times a week........
AND GUESS  WHAT??????
Little old OCD me survived and so did my blog!  So my goal for this new year is to blog with purpose and enjoy it along the way!  Not to put so much pressure on myself..lol.  I also want to read more blogs AND comment more.  I have seen this as a goal for several of you:) 
 It's a good one...you never know how your comment can change a person's day:)
 
My Personal Goal for 2013:
Staying with my "control" theme, my personal resolution for the new year is to make some more "ME time".....I know, I know, you are all thinking that sounds pretty selfish....let me explain....one of the biggest things I need to do with my "ME Time" is spend more time in my Bible and devotionals.  I tend to let the outside world take ME over and in the process, stress me out.....then there's the old ripple effect....I'm stressed, I'm not a good teacher, or mother, or wife, or friend or.......
You get the idea.  If I can start and end my days at peace, then the rest of my world should fall into place:)  (I hope that made sense)
 
Now of course I have the traditional lose more weight, blah, blah, blah goals BUT those should fall in with my main one....I'm also a stress eater:/ 
There ya have it:)  Starting tomorrow, me and peace are gonna be BFFs:)
 
Have a super safe and blessed New Year everyone! 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. These sound like two very fine resolutions :) I agree with you about blogging with a purpose. This most definitely is something I am setting out to do in this new year. I find I am getting frantic when it comes to blogging at times, and that is not a good way to be ;) So I am following suit with you. Blogging with a purpose it is! Have a very happy new year!

    ~Stephanie
    Teaching in Room 6

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! I'm with you on the "me time" - we deserve it to take moments for ourselves.

    Emily
    I Love My Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm right there with you on both resolutions. My blogging one was exactly the same as a matter of fact:) I need to find peace and balance in my personal life, too. I love your idea of starting and ending each day this way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your resolutions... they are very similar to mine. I need to add balance to my resolution as well. Best wishes in 2013. Happy New Year!!

    Krista
    stellar-students

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your resolutions! As teachers we always want to be in control..finding balance is difficult..but you are so right..making time for ourselves is a great way start! Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you on the personal goals! Wanna be weight loss buddies? lol I need to kick it into gear!! As for my blogging, I'm resolving to post MORE! lol I basically took off the last six months...but I'm back! :)

    ~Mimi
    5th Grade Rocks, 5th Grade Rules

    ReplyDelete